Find Your Course
Liverpool Hope Logo

Getting Started

Where can I find a PC?

There are Open Access PCs in many locations around the three campuses. Further details are available here.

Does the University have a Wireless service?

Yes - the University uses the eduroam service. Click here for further details.

What are my responsibilities?

Whenever you logon to the University network, you are agreeing to:-

  • Use the service in a responsible, ethical and lawful manner
  • Not do anything which might be to the detriment of other users

If I am using a University machine, how do I save my work?

 There are two options:
– On your personal  I: drive
– On your USB memory stick

NB: Please be aware that if you save any work on the C: drive of the machine (e.g. in My Documents), this will be irretrievably lost when the machine is logged out.

Where can I print?

  •  Sheppard-Worlock Library - 4 black and white printers, 2 colour printer.
  •  Creative Campus - black and white printers in the Student Success Zone and the Reading Room; black and white and colour printers on the Balcony.
  •  Aigburth Lab - 1 black and white printer, 1 colour printer.

How much does printing cost? (Students Only)

Printing Costs Black and White Colour
Size Single Sided Double Sided Single Sided Double Sided
A4 5p 8p 25p 40p
A3 10p N/A 50p N/A

 As part of the welcome to the University, new student print accounts are credited with an initial balance of £2.50.

 How do I add print credits? (Students Only)?

  • Web top-up via MyHope
  • Cash top-up at a print credit station:
    • Sheppard-Worlock Library
    • Student Success Zone (Creative Campus)

What do I do if I have forgotten my Password?

  • Click on the Forgotten Password link in the MyHope login box
  • It will ask you for your email and surname
  • It will then ask you to answer two security questions
  • You will then be able to input a new password which will come into effect within a couple of minutes

Who do I talk to if I have a problem?

  • If you cannot access an IT service – contact us
  • If your student record is incorrect – contact Student Administration
  • If you have financial issues  - contact Student Finance
  • If you have issues with accessing academic content – contact your Faculty
 How do I contact IT?
  • In person: visit IT Services Help Point, 1st floor in the Sheppard-Worlock Library (Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm)
  • Phone: 0151-291-2100  (available 24 x 7)