Where can I find a PC?
There are Open Access PCs in many locations around the three campuses. Further details are available here.
Does the University have a Wireless service?
Yes - the University uses the eduroam service. Click here for further details.
What are my responsibilities?
Whenever you logon to the University network, you are agreeing to:-
- Use the service in a responsible, ethical and lawful manner
- Not do anything which might be to the detriment of other users
If I am using a University machine, how do I save my work?
There are two options:
– On your personal I: drive
– On your USB memory stick
NB: Please be aware that if you save any work on the C: drive of the machine (e.g. in My Documents), this will be irretrievably lost when the machine is logged out.
Where can I print?
- Sheppard-Worlock Library - 4 black and white printers, 2 colour printer.
- Creative Campus - black and white printers in the Student Success Zone and the Reading Room; black and white and colour printers on the Balcony.
- Aigburth Lab - 1 black and white printer, 1 colour printer.
How much does printing cost? (Students Only)
||Black and White
As part of the welcome to the University, new student print accounts are credited with an initial balance of £2.50.
How do I add print credits? (Students Only)?
- Web top-up via MyHope
- Cash top-up at a print credit station:
- Sheppard-Worlock Library
- Student Success Zone (Creative Campus)
What do I do if I have forgotten my Password?
- Click on the Forgotten Password link in the MyHope login box
- It will ask you for your email and surname
- It will then ask you to answer two security questions
- You will then be able to input a new password which will come into effect within a couple of minutes
Who do I talk to if I have a problem?
- If you cannot access an IT service – contact us
- If your student record is incorrect – contact Student Administration
- If you have financial issues - contact Student Finance
- If you have issues with accessing academic content – contact your Faculty
How do I contact IT?
- In person: visit IT Services Help Point, 1st floor in the Sheppard-Worlock Library (Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm)
- Phone: 0151-291-2100 (available 24 x 7)